David Platt hit me right in the heart with this beautiful quote.
It is often a misconception that adopting a child is somehow rescuing a child from unbearable circumstances. People who adopt are the rescuers of the children who are less fortunate.
It is a saving mentality.
I cannot speak for all families who make the decision to adopt. Perhaps some of them feel this way.
I do not.
I am not a rescuer.
We chose to add to our family through adoption BECAUSE we were rescued!
It was an act of obedience to a calling God placed on our hearts.
Over and over, through out our experience I have shared what a humbling experience it has been to have front row seats to God's redemptive work.
Adoption has allowed us to see how God sees us, His adopted children.
He sees our broken hearts, our wounded spirits, our imperfect bodies, our illnesses, scars, bumps and bruises.
He sees us in our human condition and he extends his hand and CHOOSES us to become His own.
In that moment we become His, we begin to see the powerful work of redemption in our lives. He picks ups up, He heals our wounds and spirits.
He loves us.
Adoption has allowed us to experience how God sees us in a very real way.
I am HIS daughter.
Because of this relationship with Him, we stepped out in obedience to the call He placed on our lives to go to the end of the earth and bring our daughter home.
November is Orphan Awareness Month.
I ask you to join me in prayer that God would move in the hearts of families to adopt both internationally and domestically.
Join me in praying that more families would sponsor children living in orphanages around the world.
Join me in praying for the heart of the orphan; the orphan who is lonely, hurting and praying for a family who will love them.
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27








No comments:
Post a Comment