What a crazy day. Last Friday we found a baby kitten in a friend's car engine. It was only about six weeks old. Even though I spent the last 3 days in near anifalactic shock, it was worth it. I just could not let this baby into the wilderness. I found her a foster home with Okinawa animal rescue. We had to say goodbye to the kitten we dubbed "Meows A Lot". Kevin was very perturbed. He really took to her as did Andrew and Sam. They asked if I was certain that I did not want to take medicine everyday for the rest of my life so they could keep this cat. I pretty much said no.
I dropped Meow's A Lot off this morning and continued along my day. Scott finally returned home after two weeks in Thailand (his favorite place... NOT!) He brought me some nice earrings and a wicked case of the stomach flu. Lovely. He was able to manage this picture with Kevin before falling into bed. Kevin is in a musical in a couple weeks and they want pictures of all the first graders with their parent in the armed services. Kev's show is next week and I cannot wait to see it. I think even I know "50 Nifty United States" by heart now too!
Speaking of United States... A couple weeks ago, my Mother in Law asked me if I thought Sam remembered living in the good old USA. I thought at the time he might have flashes of memory as he was only 2 when we left for Japan. Not 2 days later we were driving in the van and Sam informed me that his teacher's aide was moving. Here is the conversation:
Sam: "Mom! Mrs Hunt is moving to the United States of America!!!"
Me: "That is great Sam. You know, you are from the United States of America too!"
Sam: "No, Mommy! The United States is where the Native Americans are from."
I guess that answers your question Bo... I do not think Sam remembers living in the US! In fact.. I think he thinks he is Japanese :) Well... Off to tuck my poor hubby into bed and settle in for another funny episode of Desperate Housewives!







2 comments:
Kelly,
Thank you for doing this blog! You keep me laughing and I feel like I am still there with you! You don't think that Meows A Lot would have been a good replacement for Popcorn? Please tell Scott we hope he's feeling better! I love the 50 Nifty song! Tell Kevin good luck!
- Juliet
Ugh- I've tried the daily allergy meds to have a cat- it never works. :(
They can get the cat nintendo ds game....
Post a Comment