Our Family

Our Family

May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Fun...

Scott has fully recovered from his nasty case of Buddha's revenge. He hopped on a plane headed for the great state of Kansas on Monday morning. He is going to a training class and then that lucky duck flies to Savannah for a bogus conference and he gets to see his parents in SC. He is pretty excited about it. I am happy, but a little jealous. I am also very jealous over the fact that he got a FREE upgrade to BUSINESS CLASS on the long flight from Tokyo to Seattle. That stuff NEVER happens to me. I get crammed into regular economy (not even economy plus) with three kids. LOVE having my knees wrapped around my ears for 14 hours. Nothing beats that. Thought about using my miles to upgrade on this trip coming up in June, but we have enough miles to go anywhere in Asia for free at Christmas, so I think I might pass and just drink a lot of wine on the way home instead... Free drinks on all international flights:)

We had a pretty uneventful weekend. I had a farewell coffee for our out going CO's wife. It was a BLAST!!! We started at my favorite nail place, Cocok's, for some really neat pedicures. I decided to go with coy fish on my toes this time and they are really, really cool! We left there and went to one of my next favorite Okinawan haunts, Kitakisen. It is a great sushi bar. I had some awesome sashimi and sweet potato tempura! Yum!!! i will say, whenever we finally move from here i am going to miss the sashimi and sushi. It has become a kind of obsession for me. After dinner we rented a room at the Big Echo which is a great little karaoke bar. Karaoke is a national sport in Japan. We had a blast. You do get your own room so no one else has to endure your singing but the people you came with:) Check out mu pictures from our big night out!
The First picture is the board that we needed to use to input our song choices ... Go figure... It was written in Japanese...
Next is a picture of the group (minus Cherie who was taking the picture). One of the girls brought these weird Ginger drinks from a local 7-11 type place called Lawson's. She SWORE it would help us the next morning should we choose to partake of wine and
Orion... It didn't.
Here I am...
Taking the lead singing position with my faithful back up singer Jeanne. We sounded soooo good. It does not matter that we only scored a 72% on the song...
10 yen to the person who can tell me what the HECK this tasty treat is supposed to be. We were frightened to try it...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the japanese karaoke!!!

A

 
Design by Deluxe Designs