Our Family

Our Family

January 19, 2008

A Date with My Sam...

As the "baby" of the family, Sam does not often get a chance for a one on one with either Dad or Mom. Today I decided that we did need a little date. I asked Sam where he would like to go and he said "Coco Curry Ichiban"! Being his Papa John's grandson, the boy loves his spicy food and he especially LOVES curry rice. I also love the tasty Asian treat and even more than curry, I love spending time with Sam. I heard all about his life because there was no one to interrupt our conversation. We talked about what a great album Veggie Tales Rock was... Especially "I Love My Lips" and "The Water Buffalo Song". We talked about reading tests in his first grade "Rockin Reader" class this week. He was pleased to move up another level and he can now "officially" read Magic Tree House books, even though he has been reading them since kindergarten. We talked about his best buddies in his class. We talked about kick ball at recess and the mean teacher who tells him to get off the swings when others are waiting. (Injustice!!!)
We talked about how much he likes to play football and how his brother Kevin is a really good tight end. He also thinks Kevin throws the ball very well and catches it very well too.
He is trying really hard to get better at it. We talked about Grammy and Papa coming to visit this summer and how Papa will really like this Curry Restaurant. He also said that Papa was going to have to make sure he has really strong arms so he can play Madden Football 08 with him on Wii. It was such a tender time and I enjoyed every moment of it. I pray that the time never comes that Sam will not want to go and have a little Curry lunch with his Old Mom... Here is our date in pictures...

Ready to go after buckling his seatbelt of course!!

Destination CoCo Curry Ichiban (Translation #1). Sam shows us the menu!!!
Mommy checking out the yummy menu too!

When ordering curry you need to specify what number you would like. 1 is mild and 10 is the spiciest!!! You can tell by the redness on the faces and the beads of sweat pouring from the smiley faces brow!!!!

Sam thought this picture was funny and needed to be shared. I am not too sure what made it funny, maybe it was the cow.
Sam wants an up close and personal with me... Great.
Sam's meal has arrived! I love the way the Japanese present their food! Sam chose curry rice with hamburger set. He was very pleased that the set also included the mini jellos and some candy at the register!!!

Smiley Face Potato anyone!?!?!

Kids drinks often come in these cute little "coffee cups"...
Finally.... my pork culet curry!!! Yum!!!

2 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

My first *baby* boy is now a teenager and he still LOVES to go out with me on dates---especially where food is involved! ;-)

God Bless,
Jane

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

And...I left you a little "love" over on my blog!

Jane

 
Design by Deluxe Designs