Our Family

Our Family

January 17, 2008

A New Journey Begins

Yesterday marked the first day of Women by Grace Bible Study for 2008. God is good.

I was a little down after our last session. We had started out very strong with so many ladies participating. Each week our attendance seemed to dwindle. Some of this always happens when you do any Bible Study just because Life happens. Our church had it's move to the temporary location (a.k.a The Tabernacle) and that threw people off and of course it would not be a Women By Grace Bible Study if the Department of Defense Schools did not throw a few curve balls our way causing us to rearrange our schedule. We dropped in attendance by nearly half at the end of the last session.

I know it is nothing personal, but in my humanness and imperfection I tend to take that very personally and scrutinize each portion of our routine in search of something that could be fixed. I so desperately want everyone to get something from their time in Worship and Fellowship with us. If I feel they are not, well then it must be something either I am or am not doing. It is MY failure and my fault.

When will I ever learn? It is so not about me? It is all about Him. The people who needed to be there each week were there because HE wanted them. This was so powerfully evident in two little notes I received from different women stating what a life line this ministry was to them! They come as much as they can to learn as much as possible about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Being literally on the other side of the world can take it's toll on a woman. This is especially true if this woman is dealing with family members in the States who are ill and even more common, their husband is serving our country in dangerous locations leaving his family behind for upwards of a year at a time. There is no "just going home to Mom for the weekend". Quite often, we are the only family we have. Even more, Women By Grace is sometimes the only "Church" some of our ladies have. If I reach just one for Him then nothing else really matters, it was worth all the effort, time and energy.
So, today I embark on a new journey. This one is a journey of the heart as I step foot in the pages of Psalms to study the Psalms of Ascent. Fifteen Psalms, from 120-134, that are so wonderfully full of promise and hope. May each of you know how much you are loved, not just by me, but by the One Who is Author and Creator of all that is good. No matter where we are in our lives, He is there to meet us. He will never leave us. "Indeed the Protector of Israel will not slumber or sleep. The LORD protects you; the LORD is a shelter right by your side." Psalm 121:1-8.

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs