Our Family

Our Family

January 3, 2008

So Far, 2008 is shaping up to be a banner year...

We made it throguh the first with no major problems. Enter the 2nd. At about 1:30 in the morning we wake up to that noise that no parent likes to hear in the middle of the night: "Mommy, I got sick in my bed". Yep, Sammy had the stomach flu and proceeded to throw up from 1:30 am until dinner that evening. We had a lull from about 4am to 8am. Thank you God. We laid pretty low around the house, cleaning up from the holidays and letting Sam sleep on and off all day. I was anticipating a blissful evening's sleep when at 1:30 in the morning (I am beginning to hate that time of day...) I wake to a full blown UTI. I will spare the details, but those of you who have had that know... It is NOT a pleasant thing. I proceed about my day waiting for the lab results to show what I already knew. At 3:30 in the afternoon I get a ring at the door and it is one of our neighbor hood boys telling me that Andrew got hurt in a stick fight... You heard it right, stick fight. This is the new weapon of choice on the Cul de Sac. Apparently one of the kids used said stick as a dart of sorts and sent it hurtling through the air. It made it's home in Andrew's neck. Fortunately there was not much blood, but there was a decent sized hole where at first glace i could see far more than I thought I should be able to see. It looked deep enough to warrant some sort of medical attention. Confirmation came in the form of one of my less squeamish neighbors and I headed to the ER. Poor Andrew was a trooper, but in a bit of shock. We had almost made it to the ER when he decided that he needed to vomit all over the inside of the van. EEEWWW. We made it in and 4 hours later we had a surgeon check and give the ok. No stitches since it was a punture wound and the stick fortunately did not make it to the muscle. We left the ER with topical antibiotic for Andrew and some awesome drugs for me. Here is hoping for a full night's sleep and no more illnesses or emergencies tomorrow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Better go back to 2007 !!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you need a "do over" for 2008. Bo

 
Design by Deluxe Designs