April 25th marked the release of the first shared list we were able to be matched from. We were anxious and excited hoping that we would find our daughter on this list. We were not expecting it since the lists have been so small and so many have been waiting. Just like we thought, our coordinator emailed the next day saying she did not have any luck matching off the first night. We were a little disappointed, but not surprised.
72 hours later on Friday morning, there was a file of the most beautiful little baby girl. Scott and I were instantly in love with this precious little 16 month old angel. We both thought it was a strong possibility that this little one could be our Katie. We sent her file out to every specialist we knew. Shortly after, the reports from the various doctors came in and it was not promising. This precious little girl's needs were quickly exceeding what we felt we could knowingly walk into as a family. After 48 grueling hours getting to "know" this little one and praying for clear discernment, we had to let her go. Saying no to this baby broke our hearts in two. By Sunday evening, Scott and I were physically and emotionally drained. We were simply exhausted.
We spoke with our coordinator on Sunday and reconfirmed that we indeed needed to say no to this little one. She shared with me that there was a small possibility she could find another file that night. I almost told her not to. We were so tired and drained and the mere thought of looking at another file this soon was almost too much for this mother's heart to bear. We hung up and I prayed. I prayed that God would not allow us to have to look at another file that was not our daughter.
I woke up early the next morning to an email from our coordinator... She had another file she wanted us to look at. If we were interested we needed to let her know by 3pm Pacific time on Wednesday...
Part 2 coming soon...
May 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Love it when Gods "no" means something SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, what a story so far. I can't even imagine all you went through for the other girl. But I am so happy for your, that your Kathryn is the one!
I can't wait to hear more about how God (and XQ!) brought you to your daughter!!
Post a Comment