Our Family

Our Family

May 11, 2011

Our Journey to Kathryn Grace- Part 3

As you can imagine... I was amazed to see that familiar Philippians verse staring me in the face at 0 dark thirty in the morning.  I was in tears. God was faithful and delivered the peace I needed right then and there.  It was at that point that I knew for sure that little Wei Li' An was my daughter.  

Scott was in his conference all day and we did not have an opportunity to speak at all.  Later that evening, we spoke on the phone.  Scott was pretty certain that she was our girl.  He had just not had two minutes to himself to lay this decision before the Lord to make certain we were in His will. One of the things that brought Scott the most peace was that she had been raised for her first 13 months with her birth family.  This breaks my heart.  We believe that her parents never wanted to give her up.  We believe she probably started to show signs of being sick about 6-9 months of age.  Her parents probably did everything they could to make her healthy.  At some point they must have received the devistating news that their daughter has Beta Thalassemia and would likely die without regular blood transfusions.  I cannot imagine being in their situation.  They could not afford to keep her.  They could not afford the payments for the life saving treatment she needed.  They made a gut wrenching decision to give her life.  They left her with a little note to indicate her illness so that their baby could receive immediate medical attention.  Oh how I pray that God will place a peace on their hearts that their daughter is safe, that she has a home, that she would be loved and cared for.  Oh that they know how much we love her already!   Our daughter had spent the first year of her life in her mother's arms.   For that we are eternally grateful! The next morning, after a good sleep and a lot of prayer, Scott declared this little one was our little girl; our daughter.  We emailed our coordinator our letter of intent to adopt Wei Li' An and make her our own. 

Now on to some fun little things we know about our girl!!!
At 16 months-
*She is about 20 pounds and 30 inches
*She is walking
*She babbles and talks
*She feeds herself cookies:)
*She sleeps 11 hours a night (Rock On!!!) Soundly!
*She likes noodles and rice
*She likes it LOUD!  (She will fit in great!)
*She likes her friends
*"She is an Adorable child".  (We think so too!!!)

We are praying we can get an update on her soon!!!  We would love to see more pictures of her.  We are praying she stays healthy until we can come get her.  

Thank you for sharing in her story with us!

5 comments:

Wendy Toups said...

I am so excited for y'all! What awesome parents you are an will be to this precious girl!

llyrafantasyfae said...

Your story proves to me that God has a plan for everything, even if we don't know it.

Aimee said...

I am so happy for you! I wish you the best and can't wait to hear more.

Football and Fried Rice said...

It's just perfect! A girl who likes it loud and sleeps soundly!!

Fannie said...

So I decided to start reading through this. Great story Kelly, thanks for sharing it.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs