I am FINISHED with my Masters Degree!!!!!
I started my Masters in Education: Reading from Dominican University Online on June 28th of last year. After a year of taking two classes a semester and creatively rearranging my last 4 classes so I could be done with the program before Kate comes home... I AM DONE!!!! Official graduation will be sometime in August:)
What am I going to do with it? I am planning on taking this first year Kate is home to focus on her. I am also going to be looking for additional continuing ed seminars on reading and literacy. After I feel Kate is secure, I will look at opening my home to tutoring and reading assessments. I am hoping to do this until our girl is old enough to go to kindergarten. At that point I will look at working full time either from home or in the school system. I am so excited about this degree. It opens so many doors. I am also looking forward to working one on one with students and building their confidence as a student through the love of reading. If you can read, there is nothing you cannot do!!!
Thanks for celebrating with me!!!!







6 comments:
Congratulations Kelly!! That is awesome! I'm wondering if you have heard of Lindamood-Bell? My oldest son goes to a reading tutor twice a week and is learning to read by this method. It is really interesting Kelly.
So happy and proud of you lady!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Way to go Kelly!!! We love you!
WE ARE SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU KELLY! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
Love, Bo and John
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now that's one way to help your wait pass more quickly! :-)
Jill G
Is your masters in reading? Congrats! I am a Literacy Coach. Love it. I love to talk shop if you ever want to chat!
Post a Comment