Our Family

Our Family

June 13, 2011

When is She Coming Home?

So many people have asked me this million dollar question!  I wish I could say the answer was tomorrow.  Sadly, it is not:(  One of the blogs (http://www.hopeforelisyn.com/2011/06/working-numbers.html) I read had a handy little chart that I totally stole to help explain what our time frame looks like.  It is depressing really, but it is what it is.  These dates are based on AVERAGES.  It can go faster or it could be longer depending on how long we wait for each approval.  We are PRAYING so hard that we get our LOA this week or next.  If we do, there is a slim chance we could be with Katie on her birthday.  We are also praying we travel and are home before October when prices skyrocket for a major holiday and an annual convention.

Take a gander at out depressing chart:

STEP
ACTION FROM
NUMBER OF DAYS AVERAGE
POSSIBLE
ACTUAL
STATUS
DTC
Us to China
n/a
---
4/1/2011
DONE
LID
China to Us
14 Days
---
4/14/2011
DONE
LOI
Us to China
n/a
---
5/4/2011
DONE
PA
China to Us
5 Days
---
5/6/2011
DONE
LOA
China to Us
60 Days
7/5/2011

WAITING
1800
Us to USA
17 Days
7/22/2011


NVC CABLE
USA to China
10 Days
8/1/2011


NVC LETTER
USA to Us
2 Days
8/3/2011


ARTICLE 5
China to Us
18 Days
8/21/2011


TA
China to Us
25 Days
9/15/2011


FOREVER FAMILY
KATHRYN LI’AN GRACE DAY

10/10/2011


CA
China to Us
32 Days
10/17/2011





  Hopefully you can read this:) And hopefully we can get HER faster than projected!!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a smart way to explain this! From start to finish it took us 18 months and 6 days. Of course we also had two trips and some last minute Country and passport issues. China is much faster. I know you must be anxious to hold her in your arms. She is soooo cute!

Brendan and Melissa said...

I wish I would have kept a chart like this when we were paper-chasing! What a great idea - what an organized blogger! I hope you can get Miss Kathryn home sooner than what your chart indicates, and I'll be anxiously waiting for good news!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs