Dear Kathryn,
I miss you today. I so know you are going to be worth the wait. This time next year I will be able to look back on this time of waiting with a smile. You see, for just a second we will be able to flip over God's tapestry and see every stitch He so delicately sewed together to make us a family. Right now that is hard to see. Right now, I just want our dossier to be complete and in China. Right now, I am tired of relying on the US Postal system. Right now, I just want a picture of you so that I have something tangible to touch and to see. Right now, I want to pack my bags, get on a plane and come to you and hold you and comfort you the way only a mother can. My heart is simply aching for you.
There must be something in this waiting that God is going to use in both our lives to glorify Him. I have prayed in the past for more patience. I suppose this may be one of the ways He has decided to train me up:) It is working. I have no choice but to be patient and to completely trust in Him. I have prayed for more trust too. The one thing I pray for myself every day is that God will help my unbelief. I pray He draws me closer to trusting and believing Him for all He promises. Our journey to you has most certainly been an exercise in believing God is Who He says He is!
Everyday we are apart is another stitch in the story that will become YOUR story. The story of how God moved the thousands of miles between us to bring us together and form a family. It is another stitch in the tapestry of your beautiful life; a life that has never been without love for you. You may have been physically abandoned dear one, but you have never been alone. You may have been left, thought to be an orphan, but you are no orphan. You are His; a child of God. He loved you before you were ever born. Your Dad and I have loved you before you were ever born too! You have never been an orphan in our eyes. You have been and will always be our daughter.
So, today I miss you with all of my heart. In my flesh I want to hurry this process up. In my heart I am going to choose to believe God.
"'For I know the plans that I have for you' declares the Lord 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope'". Jeremiah 29:11 That will be our promise that we can both cling to and both believe with all our hearts!!!
I love you!
Mommy
March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Oh Kelly - what a sweet post! This love letter to your daughter will be such a treasure to her one day.
I find comfort in knowing God knows every detail! He knows the exact moment you will first see her beautiful face and the exact second you will first hold her in your arms! This is a story he wrote long ago and it's a glorious story!!!!
When I pray for patience, I'll ask for an extra dose for you too. When I pray that God will protect and whisper his loving words in our daughter's ear, I'll pray he does the same for your sweet Katie!
When your get that sweet girl the heavens will celebrate and I will too here in Texas!!!
Hang in there! You are almost DTC. So close!
Post a Comment