Our Family

Our Family

March 25, 2011

Not Enough Bloggy Love...

Kevin has been feeling a little left out of the blog lately so I thought I would post about him!  Last night we were treated to an AWESOME concert involving three elementary schools and one middle school!  In our county kiddos can select a string instrument in the 5th grade.  They have strings class twice  week.  Kevin Selected the viola.  I thought we would use this school year to see if he really liked it before investing in lessons.  Kevin has really enjoyed this instrument and is looking forward to going to Andrew's school that has an amazing orchestra teacher.  He is enjoying it so much that it looks like summer lessons are in order:)

I was a bit nervous at the thought of going to a concert of 5th grade strings... You never know what you are going to get.  These kids have come a long way since Christmas!  At their Christmas concert, they were not even using their bows yet!  Now?  Kevin is bowing like a champ!  The kids sounded great, especially in light of the fact that the three groups of students from three different elementary schools never actually played together.  It sounded wonderful!  Such a testament to wonderful teaching and hard work by the students!!!
Playing intently...  He looks so grown up here:(
 "Rest Position"
 I'm sorry, but you do not get much cuter than this guy!!!
 Andrew loves his orchestra teacher!!!  He is helping her get the 6th grade bassits in tune.

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs