Our Family

Our Family

July 29, 2011

Big Apple Adventure...

It was that kind of week at our church this week.  The sanctuary was no longer a sanctuary but was miraculously transformed into Times Square.  The halls were adorned with all sorts of decorations that reminded me of the streets of Manhattan.  Grace Baptist served over 300 children in Vacation Bible School this week.  It was awesome.  I am exhausted.

Love, Love, LOVE how our church uses our kids as the VBS dancers.  These girls have been practicing the songs and dances for months now!!!
 Sam Rocking OUT!
 Kevin- not so much...  He had a great time this week.  I think it was his missions teacher;)

 My home away from home this week!!!  3rd-5th Grade Missions!!!!
 Totally!!!!
 Worship Rally!!!
 The kids loved playing "Cash Cab"  during the closing Worship Rally!

Cutest snack ever!!!!  Twinkie Taxi!!!!

One of my Graffiti Walls from my classroom!

Bi Bi Bi, Bi Bi Bi, Big Apple Adventure!!!
(Great... now it is stuck in my head!)
I loved teaching missions this week.  As I did I thought of my sweet friend Julie Morrison.  Julie loved serving in VBS.  She particularly loved serving in missions (or the kitchen!).  I think this was because she had such a heart for reaching others with the message of the gospel.  I prayed that God would use me as effectively this week as He used Julie.  He did not disappoint.  I had the honor and privilege of praying with a precious rising 5th grader as she asked Jesus into her heart and became a Christian today!  I know both Jesus AND Julie were smiling huge over that!!!  God is so GOOD!!!
My Sweet Julie in between Gina (our Koza VBS director) and me.

4 comments:

PatsFan said...

Very excellent stuff, Kelly. Love never fails. It looks like everyone had a great week! And I bet Kevin was gettin' jiggy on the inside. Was that the macarena?

Football and Fried Rice said...

Looks like an AMAZING week of VBS!!!! I am always & forever singing the worships songs long after the doors of VBS have closed :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the reminder of the "Big Apple Adventure" song... now I am never going to get to sleep tonight! Tee hee! Isn't VBS great!?!?

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

We did the same bible school and is was fabulous~ looks like your's was too!!! Yay!!!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs