*What is Li’ An’s personality like? Is she outgoing or shy?
She is quite. She won’t smile to strangers.
(I think we are in for it!!! YIKES!)
*What comforts her when she is sad?
*What comforts her when she is sad?
When she is sad, pick her up and hold her will comfort her.
(More than happy to sweet girl!)
(More than happy to sweet girl!)
*What makes her happy and laugh?
When someone she is familiar with holding her or a lot of children playing with her makes her laugh. When someone grabbed her toy or leave her alone makes her cry.
(With three brothers we have the laugh part down!!!)
*What is her nickname? What do you call her?
Her nickname is “ A An” (sounds like Ah Ann). We call her “A An or Li An”.
(Darling!!!)
*What are her favorite things to eat?
She likes to eat fruit. She loves sweet food.
(Just like Mommy!!!)
(Just like Mommy!!!)
*Is she potty trained?
She sometimes goes potty on her own, sometimes has accident.
(ROCK. ON.)
(ROCK. ON.)
*Is she in foster care or is she in the orphanage?
She is in the orphanage. At the orphanage, they have “simulate family” nursing style. There is a daddy and a mommy take care of 4-5 children. They make a big family. The orphanage provides the house.
(This made me cry! I am so happy!!! She will have lived with a "family" of sorts! Praise God!!)
(This made me cry! I am so happy!!! She will have lived with a "family" of sorts! Praise God!!)
*How many words can she say? Does she speak in simple sentences?
She can say some simple words, such as “ Ba Ba (dad), Ma Ma (mom), Jie Jie (big sister)”.
(Good start... Let me at her. She will be read to so much her head is going to swim!!!)
Updated Measurements for 22 months:
Height 31.1 inches (4th % on American Charts 25th% on Chinese)
Weight 20.2 pounds (off the American Chart 25th% Chinese)
Head Circumference 18 inches (13th%)
Teeth 15 (8 on top 7 on bottom)
We hope to send her a cake for her birthday next month. Then we will not send anything else until we go and get her. We are thinking it looks more like travel will be at the end of October/ beginning of November. Praying it is sooner, but with us still waiting for LOA, I think it will be a while...








8 comments:
Updates are such a blessing aren't they! We just got back with our Guangxi girl (Yulin). I see your little sweetie likes Xi Yang Yang too. We had to laugh because there is a Xi Yang Yang or a Mei Yang Yang in every picture we got of our daughter.
The potty training question made me laugh out loud! Made it SO clear you are extremely excited. Who ever heard of a potty trained 22 month old!
Kelly,
I'm so glad you got an update! That is do great. We are planning to send a package to Hannah soon and using Angela. I'm glad you were pleased! I live that she is in a family like environment. I think that is the same care setup Hannah has been getting! It's a blessing that they will know how a family works and that they have had more personal care. This has to be your week! I'm dreaming if traveling in early nov, so maybe we can actually get to meet and hug necks!!! With family in SA, I would love to see you here for a visit! ;-)
That is so interesting that the simulate family at the orphanage! What a blessing! So, prayerfully, she won't be scared of Daddy!! I know you cant wait to get your hands on your (almost!) two year old girl!! Praying that LOA comes ASAP!!!!!!!
So priceless to get those bits of information about your girl! We're still waiting to see if our questions will be answered before we travel. It would be so nice to know a little more about him before his big day.
Praying for your LOA to come SOON!
Jill
Your sweet baby is SO precious!!! What a great update~ so much information to savor!!! Love that she is in a family setting~ that will make a big difference! Sure hoping your LOA comes very soon!!!
Blessings!
I found your blog on RQ while searching for some hope of an LOA coming soon. I had to tell you I had just posted the same song on my blog on the 2nd of July!! Man this is a tough wait, huh?! Just thought I'd let you know you're not alone. We also have 3 boys + a girl. May you get good news soon!
She is beautiful!! We are adopting a little girl and hope to travel at the end of September. Check out our blog....www.our-elliott-family.blogspot.com We live in MD on the eastern shore.
Many congratulations to you! Look forward to following your journey!
Diane
Post a Comment