Our Family

Our Family

July 30, 2011

This Week's DC Adventure??? The Evening Parade at 8th and I

Last night was a real treat.  Scott was able to score some tickets to the Evening Parade from one of the other offices at work.  We were "guests of the General" that heads up that office.  It was such an awesome experience!  I encourage anyone who visits Washington DC during the summer months to come and watch this amazing performance by some of our Marine Corps finest.  It just gave me chills and made me so proud to play a small role in such a wonderful organization.

Enjoy some grainy pictures of this evening's events.  No flash photography... wouldn't have helped any way.  I guess I just need a better lens... Scott?? Gift idea???

Commandant of the Marine Corps' House!
I think General Amos just misplaced our invitation to the cocktail party;)

My Handsome Men



Retired Marines enjoying the parade!  I could not help wondering what these eyes have seen and what their bodies had been through to protect the freedom I so enjoy.  I will never know.  But, I am forever grateful.

"Commandant's Own" band.  They were just amazing!!!

National Anthem

The Silent Drill Platoon stepping forward to preform...

I have seen them several times, but never at the evening parade!  They were absolutely incredible!  The boys were transfixed the entire time!!!


The Marines of the Marine Barracks at 8th and I.

Pass in Review

Colors.  It was so moving to be present for the retiring of the Colors.  I love the song that is played as the flag comes down.  I have fond memories of being on baseball and soccer fields as Colors is played and every kid, coach and parent on the field stops and stands at attention as the flag is lowered.  My boys still had it!  Stood at perfect attention while the flag was lowered.  
 Taps

Perfect end to a perfect evening...

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Looks like a beautiful evening with your boys! So neat to witness a picture of our freedom...

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

You have a very handsome crew!!! We have precious friends whose son returns to US on Sat from Afganistan. He is a Marine and we are SO proud of him. He comes home to a precious wife he was only with for two months before deployed. He has been gone for a year. LOVE that your boys are seeing such a picture of freedom right there in their lives!!! Beautiful! Blessings!

Kelly said...

These are still awesome pictures. I hadn't heard about that event before. I could never have done that without a flash. :)

We are about a month or so behind you in the adoption process. We also live in Northern VA (about 45 min. west of DC). I've been following your blog for a few months and I am praying for your LOA to come soon! Kathryn Grace is just about the most darling thing ever. I know how hard it must be.

Blessings,
Kelly

 
Design by Deluxe Designs